Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Day Part I

Alice is still too young to have an opinion about Valentine's, so I went all out and crocheted little owl pins for her daycare friends. It was so fun, but I realize it may be a bit overboard for a 1 1/2 year old. Too bad! Next year she will probably have an opinion or she'll want to make them herself, so while I still can, I'll go ahead and get crafty before she cares.

I crocheted pink owls for the girls and red for the boys. I used the owl pattern found HERE. I then took a tree illustration I created a while ago but never used, added the lines "Whoooooo thinks you're special?" and "Happy Valentine's Day!" I printed the cards on my printer, cut them down then affixed the pins in place. I used some clear cellophane bags I had in my enormous craft supply stash and slipped each card into a bag, sealed them and they are ready to hand out. 

I also made Alice a hat, leg warmers and an applique shirt. I am hoping to get a picture of her wearing it all on Thursday and will try to post it here. Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments: